It seems like the year had just started, and now before you have had a chance to breathe the first 3 months have flown by! If you’re still single, and need a refresher on some things you can be doing to really put yourself out there, because you have realized that the perfect stranger you want to meet isn’t going to just knock on your door (unless you have a crush on your postman), here are some tips you can start implementing TODAY to find love.
7 Tips to Meet Someone New This Year
- Join a Meetup Group related to what you love doing, not just because it’s a Singles group. You’ll find yourself more compatible with someone you meet in your “Kayaking or Rock Climbing” Meetup than “Single & Ready to Mingle” type of groups.
- Start a conversation with the attractive stranger in the grocery store. Go to a specialty store where both of you have eating healthy as a major commonality.
- Work out. Get your hair cut/done. Get some new clothes. Invest in yourself to look and feel better.
- Host a party at your house. Ask all your friends/co-workers that you’re close with to bring one single friend each.
- Try out some local speed-dating groups. Don’t expect anything. Be open to everything.
- Join the mailing lists of all the local museums, who often have nighttime events and performances featuring music, film, art and wine. Meet new, cultured people you may usually not run into.
- Speaking of ‘usually not run into,’ mix it up. Go to a different restaurant in a different part of town. Go to a different coffee shop. Be friendly to everyone. See what happens when you’re open and invested in making things happen.
With any luck, you’ll be on the road to getting your next relationship started. Men – don’t be scared to make the first move. My book The Masculine Way is chock full of information to help you be the man you want to be. Good luck out there!