I know! I know! It’s pretty hard to see the bright side in being cheated on. In fact, if you have ever been on the receiving end of infidelity, you probably read the title of this blog and had the completely acceptable reaction of throwing your shoe at your computer screen while screaming ‘LIAR!’
If this is the case, then I’m sorry for the loss of your laptop screen and to a lesser extent the loss of your relationship.
Anybody who cheats on you doesn’t deserve to be with you. You’ve probably already heard this from your friends, parents and maybe even your special someone with a wandering eye. There is a reason you keep hearing this phrase, it’s because it’s true!
I know this may not help right now, but when you’re ready, you will realise two things.
1) Yes, your laptop screen IS more important than that ill-fated relationship.
2) There is a plus side to being cheated on – I promise!
I’ve been cheated on (repeatedly)
Almost two years ago I thought I met the love of my life; he was handsome, charming and funny. I envisioned the two of us getting married, having babies and growing old together.
There was just one teeny tiny problem – We had a slight disagreement on how many people you should be having sex with while you’re in a relationship. I thought it should just be the one, while he preferred to have an ever-changing harem of four or five women.
I’m not going to lie and pretend that after a period of self-reflection and medication I decided to forgive him.
Instead I got drunk, threw up, cried and narrowly avoided being invited to appear as a guest on the Jerry Springer Show.
But there is a plus side
I know it won’t seem like it now, but eventually the sun will come out and five things will happen to you:
- You will realise that s/he did you a favour. You deserve better and by cheating they’ve showed you they’re not good enough to be with you. Don’t worry; you don’t have to thank them for this ‘favour’.
- You’re less likely to cheat yourself. Sure, no one wants to consider themselves capable of cheating. However, remembering the pain of being cheated on will cause you to stop and really consider your actions if you find yourself in the position to be unfaithful.
- Once you’ve been hurt by someone you’re more likely to pick up on the suspect actions of a new partner. You’re now more likely to trust your gut instinct and protect yourself from people who will hurt you.
- You’ve walked away from a relationship breakdown once and survived, you can do it again. Knowing that you have managed to persevere will help give you the confidence to end future unhealthy relationship before you get hurt.
- When you do eventually meet ‘The One’ you will appreciate them all the more for how wonderful they really are.
If this article gave you the confidence to find your match, try Singles Warehouse today!