So, you’re lurking around a few online dating sites just to “see if it’s for me”. Why not, it’s free to sign up and search around a bit, right? You’re just not sure if you should open your wallet and take the plunge. Well, you should pony up, pay up, make the commitment to find your love…and here are:
The Top Ten Reasons Why
- No more boring Friday nights. Going out to dinner or a movie, followed by some hugs and kisses is WAY more fun than watching re-runs of “House” all by your lonely self.
- No need to endure “fix-ups” by well meaning friends. Admit it, if one more friend fixes you up with someone they swear is “perfect” for you, and who turns out to be anything BUT right for you…you’ll scream.
- You want to explore some diversity. It’s time to open up your horizons and meet people whose lives and backgrounds are so different from yours you’d never cross paths with them without the aid of the internet.
- You can fly your Control-freak flag. YOU get to pick who you want to contact, or reply to. YOU get to describe who you are looking for in your profile. YOU get to decide who’s for you and who’s not.
- It’s OK to be shy. You don’t need to hem and haw and try to come up with instant, clever answers to someone’s questions or comments. Online you can take your time and think about what you want to say and how to say it.
- You can flirt in your pajamas. You can email and chat with eligible singles in the comfort of your home be it a bad hair day or not….no one will know if you’re sans-makeup or are wearing mismatched socks. Added benefit: You don’t have to worry about whether or not you have bad breath! 🙂
- You can try before you buy. It’s fun to email, IM, chat on the phone before you meet someone. It gives you time to find out just how much you have in common, and if the conversation between you is flowing or awkward. It’s good to find these things out before you’re stuck on a two hour date with them.
- You can be a shop-a-holic. Even if your ultimate goal is to find someone to settle down with, you can be a bit of a serial dater first. For one thing, it’s fun…and it could just open your horizons a bit if you allow yourself to date people outside of your “type”.
- The odds are more in your favor every day. As of this writing, 20% of marriages and 17% of committed relationships started online, and those numbers are growing.
- You read this article all the way through. You’re interested enough to explore all the reasons why you should try online dating, so…why not…you’ll never know for sure if you don’t. So dive in, join a dating site and give it a try. At the very least you’ll meet some new people and maybe have a great story or two to tell.