1. Thou shalt know thyself.
2. Thou shalt develop and adhere to a screening policy.
3. Thou shalt Google thy dates.
4. Thou shalt be open to new experiences.
5. Thou shalt rise to the occasion.
6. Thou shalt handle every situation with grace.
7. Thou shalt be true to thyself.
8. Thou shalt trust thine instincts.
9. Thou shalt not become discouraged.
I cannot stress commandment nine enough. Online dating is like the thrift store. There are some real finds, but you have to sort through lots of junk. Another thing I always tell friends who are getting discouraged is that dating doesn’t improve over time. Dating is one failure after another, until suddenly it’s not. There’s no upswing before the good part. We have to hang in there until it arrives!
10. Thou shalt live happily ever after.
And thou shalt start that happily ever after right now! None of us needs a mate to have a happy life. Make your life as full and happy as it can be, whether or not you’re looking for a partner. We all deserve nothing less than happily ever after, regardless of the circumstances.